The Little Country Schoolhouse was a dream of Mike and Debby Respass. In 1996, this dream became a reality in Clarksville, Tennessee.
Mike has a Master’s degree in Personnel Management, and Debby has a Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction specializing in Early Childhood Education. Mike and Debby have three daughters and seven grandchildren. All of the daughters have been actively involved in the creation of Little Country Schoolhouse, and the younger grandchildren enjoy the daily activities of LCSH.
Ms. Lori is the assistant director and has worked in the infant and toddler rooms before becoming the assistant director in 1998. She and her husband David have 2 children, Cole and Addison, presently attending LCSH. Heather, their youngest, was the school age director for 10 years before leaving to teach elementary school. Her daughter Lilyan attends LCSH.
The Little Country Schoolhouse has grown from 10 children in 1996 to over 200 children.
On a daily basis, we strive for our families to have a place where their children are safe, happy and learning.
In 2007, LCSH earned accreditation through the AdvancED Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
In 2012, LCSH went through a rigorous re-accreditation process. The Quality Assurance Review Team found the following commendations and strengths at LCSH.
- The School lives its stated vision and mission by providing a nurturing and caring environment for its students.
- The School actively monitors and plans for student safety.
- The school is a unique environment that fosters a loving, nurturing, safe environment for all its students, emphasizing “care” in both the childcare and classroom elements of the school.
- Parents indicated they have a trusting relationship with the staff and teachers at the school and expressed a desire that the school extend their services to higher grades and/or additional locations.
- The administrative head of the school ensures compliance with the highest standards for child care and seeks to create a learning environment focused on developing the whole child.
- The school climate is respectful, with both teacher and peer support.
- High morale was exhibited by all staff members.
- Teachers and staff displayed a passion for what they do and a love for the children and families they serve.
- Teachers and staff indicated that when they determined a need for a resource to improve their teaching and help students learn, the finances are provided for the resource.
- Parents expressed a high degree of confidence in the caring program offered by the school.
Debby Respass – Owner/Director
Lori Abernathy – Assistant Director/Accounts Manager
Elizabeth Fowler – Quality Assurance Director
Brianne Staub – Administrative Director